which gray is best for print?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Sep 7 12:29:08 UTC 2008

On Sun, 7 Sep 2008 01:19:00 +0200, cpghost <cpghost at cordula.ws> wrote:
> But do also provide a 1-page version with a sensible print medium CSS
> (or even a nicely formatted PDF), so that users can create a hard copy
> version with a minimun of fuss and clicks.

The last advice is the best one, I think. PDF has the advantage that
it (usually) renders 1:1 as the author intends it (just as PostScript
does; anyone remembers "Display Ghost Script"?). While CSS provides
means to setup printing characteristics on the client's site, it's
not interpreted correctly by the various browsers (or their common
substitutes that do not follow standards), or they may interfere with
local browser printing settings.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany