alternatives to mergemaster

Christian Laursen xi at borderworlds.dk
Sat Sep 6 18:20:10 UTC 2008

"Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier at digitaltorque.ca> writes:

> The downside of mergemaster is that it is only a 2-way merge, where a
> 3-way would know better than you prompt you for changes that you
> didn't make. This makes mergemaster far more tedious than it has to
> be. Has anyone considered a good 3-way merge tool?

I always run mergemaster in auto upgrade mode. From the man page:

-U          Attempt to auto upgrade files that have not been user modi-
            fied.

This can also be achieved by putting "AUTO_UPGRADE=yes" in
/etc/mergemaster.rc.

Combined with auto install, mergemaster requires little effort.

--
Christian Laursen