Portsnap: No Update Available

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Thu Sep 4 20:16:24 UTC 2008

Since last evening (2008-09-03), portsnap has been reporting this when
I run it:

Looking up portsnap.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 3 mirrors found.
Fetching snapshot tag from portsnap2.FreeBSD.org... done.
Latest snapshot on server matches what we already have.
No updates needed.
Ports tree is already up to date.

Although the mirror changes, that rest of the message is the same.
Except doing a ports freeze, I do not remember FBSD going 24 hours
without some port being updated. I was just wondering if this is
correct or if something is wrong with the mirrors.

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

You should never bet against anything in science at odds of more than
about 10^12 to 1.

	Ernest Rutherford