RELENG_7_0 buildworld fails

Derek Taylor det135 at psu.edu
Thu Sep 4 19:40:05 UTC 2008

I'm attempting to rebuild world after the latest security advisories,
but am having trouble getting the build to complete.  I'm following the
instructions listed in the handbook [1], as I have done before, but keep
tripping in the same spot.

Originally I was getting the error from a `make buildworld`.  I then
moved my make.conf out of the way, thinking it could be something from
there.
$ ls -l /etc/make.conf
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  0 Sep  4 12:29 /etc/make.conf
With an empty make.conf, I got the same results.

Then I tried a make buildincludes.  This fails in the same place.

Here are the last few lines of the buildincludes:
---------------- BEGIN ----------------
===> include/rpc (buildincludes)
rpcgen -C -h -DWANT_NFS3 rpcb_prot.x -o rpcb_prot.h
===> kerberos5 (buildincludes)
===> kerberos5/doc (buildincludes)
===> kerberos5/tools (buildincludes)
===> kerberos5/tools/make-print-version (buildincludes)
===> kerberos5/tools/make-roken (buildincludes)
===> kerberos5/tools/asn1_compile (buildincludes)
===> kerberos5/lib (buildincludes)
===> kerberos5/lib/libasn1 (buildincludes)
compile_et
/usr/src/kerberos5/lib/libasn1/../../../crypto/heimdal/lib/asn1/asn1_err.et
compile_et:No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/kerberos5/lib/libasn1.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/kerberos5/lib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/kerberos5.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD hoenikker.aset.psu.edu 7.0-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE-p1 #0:
Thu Apr 17 12:44:09 EDT 2008
root at hoenikker.aset.psu.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Is there any advice on how I can rebuild my world?  If I've forgotten
any information, please let me know.

-Derek.