How to compare 2 images from command line

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Sep 2 15:47:07 UTC 2008

> Andrew Gould a écrit :
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 10:23 AM, FreeBSD <freebsd at optiksecurite.com
> > <mailto:freebsd at optiksecurite.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Tom Marchand a écrit :
> >
> >         Hash the images and compare the hashes.

Can you put the screenshots into some other format?  As you mentioned,
the jpeg format includes metadata, which might include the creation
time and would cause every image to be unique from a filesystem view.
For example, I don't believe bitmaps include metadata, which would cause
them to be identical if the display were identical.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com