Marvell 88E8052 PCI-E LAN on FreeBSD 7.0

PYUN Yong-Hyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 18:01:29 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 05:38:15AM -0700, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
 > On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 11:33:34AM -0000, Graham Bentley wrote:
 > > Hi ALl,
 > >
 > > I have a DFI LanParty Mobo that includes Marvells 88E8052
 > > and 88E8053 LAN IF.
 > >
 > > Using the module with 7.0 [msk] the network preformance
 > > is terrible, Opera / Links stall, or wont page load at
 > > all although pings to the router are fine?
 > >
 > > I then tried using Marvells own driver the website [myk]
 > > and the results where about the same.
 > >
 > > Just before I was about to give up and put in my trusty
 > > old 3Com 3C509 [xl] I noticed that in the Marvell doco
 > > there where several tunable params so decided to try
 > > out a few.
 > >
 > > I discovered that adding -txcsum and -rxcsum (i.e.
 > > disabling hardware checksuming) to the ifconfig
 > > statement, the performance was as quick as it is
 > > on that other OS!

I'm not sure you suffers from the same problem but there was a
Tx checksum offload related bug in msk(4) driver and it was fixed
in HEAD. How about applying the diff in CVS rev 1.33 of if_msk?
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/msk/if_msk.c.diff?r1=1.32;r2=1.33;f=h

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon