VLAN filtering on FreeBSD 7.0 / 6.3

Yony Yossef yonyossef.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 15:43:58 PDT 2008

> This change requires kernel changes that may not be compatible with 6.X, I
> am not sure,
> I am not the owner of that code.  Some reason you can't use 7.1 which will
> have everything
> you need?

I'm bound to 6.3 and 7.0 at the moment. Does the vlan ioctls exist only from
7.1 and fourth?
If so, are there any kernel patches to make 6.3 / 7.0 support it as well?

> TSO is a hardware feature, I have never tested this, but my suspicion is
> that if
> its enabled on the hardware that it will transparently happen in the
> outbound
> TX stream, but I am not sure.

My hardware works fine, I have TSO working on the regular interface. but
it seems like vlan interfaces does not inherit the parent device
capabilities.