flash-9, 10 on FreeBSD

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Tue Oct 28 13:53:28 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 02:08:43PM -0400, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> Sent by Glyn Millington:
> >My solution was to install Wine and run the MS port of Firefox. So far
> >it works flawlessly for me.
> >
> This has two problems:
>
>   1. It requires a (licensed) Windows install handy.
>   2. The solution is only suitable for i386 -- not for amd64, which is
>      what I'm using.
>
>    -mi

	Not having the ``*required*'' flash-NN that makes the latest animation or
	A/V apps is the biggest gripe I have relating to not being able to use
	the most stable OS around, FBSD.  Prev'ly when I've asked why sites can't
	simply use JAVA, I hear that Java is more difficult to use than flash.
	I understand the basic of animation; that about it.  But isn't a better
	solution to get gnash up to speed rather than begging Adobe to port
	flash-9 or -10 for us?

	any thoughts on freeing ourselves from this addiction to flash-* ?