Looking for the right "FreeBSD.iso"

LennyCZ LennyCZ at eml.cc
Sun Oct 26 16:44:37 PDT 2008

Hello!

      I would like to try FreeBSD on my machine, but I did not find any
information regarding the ISO files on FreeBSD FTP sites.

      For example, in ISO directory for 7.0 release, I found these files:

7.0-RELEASE-i386-bootonly.iso
7.0-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso
7.0-RELEASE-i386-disc2.iso
7.0-RELEASE-i386-disc3.iso
7.0-RELEASE-i386-docs.iso
7.0-RELEASE-i386-livefs.iso

      Please could you tell me which files I exactly need to download & burn
to install a "normal" FreeBSD installation? Do I need all three *-disc[n]
discs? If so, is there a DVD version available?

      Maybe I am wrong, but I feel it shouldn't be necessary to waste 3 CDs
    from installation if I have a high-speed permanent Internet connection.
So
wouldn't just 1 DVD-RW do?

      Anyway, I believe that I'll enjoy FreeBSD and I'm looking forward to
see
it on my home machine and on my testing machine @ work :-)

Thanks for your time!

Greetings,