man -t odd page size

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Thu Oct 23 07:43:20 PDT 2008

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:

>> A good start would just be determining which programs need to be
>> modified.  A check for similar work in other operating systems would be
>> very useful.  Finally, a proposal for the way to implement the change,
>> and maybe even patches.
>
> Well .. we seem to have a start about which programs need to be modified ...

A list of base FreeBSD programs that need page size support would give a
good idea of what approaches can be used.

> It gets a little tougher regarding other operting system given that FreeBSD is
> the only one running on my only PC :'(

But there are printing applications that run on both FreeBSD and other
OSs.  CUPS or one of the big desktop environments or one of the
variations of Linux may have already addressed global page size setting.
You don't have to run them to research them.

Taking advantage of existing work can get things going a lot faster and
avoid unexpected pitfalls.  (A shorter way of saying that: It's better
to learn from somebody else's mistakes.)