High Performance Computing Mini-Cluster

David Robillard david.robillard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 13:20:40 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Gerardo Paredes
<gerardon_paredes at yahoo.com> wrote:
> From what i have read, Matt Olander and Brooks Davis are the foremost experts at cluster building on FreeBSD. However i believe a document needs to be written explaining in detailed steps how to do it, so the common user can do it. Obviously not every "common" man needs a cluster.
>
> In my case i am pitching the project of a big cluster to our University here in Honduras to run some kinds of apps we have, like a Trade Exchange Market Simulation written in Python we have about two years developing which we plan to run distributed across the cluster.
>

> Since I cannot attend that seminar, i will be expecting for at least the presentation to be posted.

Actually, this was a presentation I attended last year. So the slides
already exist. You can also grab their old paper at
http://people.freebsd.org/~brooks/papers/bsdcon2003/ but this is a bit
out-dated.

My advice would be to try and contact Mr. Brooks Davis directly. If
you can't find him, try and send an email to the organisers of BSDCan
from http://www.bsdcan.org/2008/contact.php. I believe you should talk
to Dan Langille on the BSDCan commitee
http://www.bsdcan.org/2008/committee.php

Good luck and have fun! Your project seems quite interesting :)

David
--
David Robillard
UNIX systems administrator & Oracle DBA

If you receive something that says "Send this to everyone you know",
then please pretend you don't know me.