[OT] Nagios timeouts

Joe Tseng joe_tseng at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 21 12:22:45 PDT 2008

Earlier this morning I was getting Nagios alerts about potential issues with my FreeBSD 6.1 servers.  All the emails I got had this problem:

Connection refused by host

I did some digging around today and I didn't get anything definitive, but I did notice there was a time correlation between the messages and certain log entries that seem to be associated with various cron jobs.  Is it possible that I'm getting false positives due to my servers servicing these jobs and not being able to respond to Nagios queries?

 - Joe