Disable kontact/kmail automatic activation

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Mon Oct 20 06:26:41 PDT 2008

On Saturday 18 October 2008 17:49:26 Benzi Mizrahi wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>         I am running FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE #2 with KDE: 3.5.10.
>         A few *PORTUPGRADEs* ago , I can't recall when, I noticed
>         that when KDE is started, usually after system startup , kontact
>         application is started automatcally, which I 'd like to disable.
>
>                 Kde is started from /etc/ttys, and I have no automatic
>         activation for any apps from $HOME/.kde/Autostart. I 'd like to
>         be able to call kmail at my own will. Can you please tell how can
>         I disable kontact automatic activation?

This has little to do with portupgrade or FreeBSD. You have shut down a
session with Kmail active. Shut the session down without KMail active and
problem solved. Please note that, Kmail minimizes to systray, unless you use
ctrl-q or File => Quit, so you might think it's gone when it's not.

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.