back to kde3

RW fbsd06 at mlists.homeunix.com
Fri Oct 17 16:26:58 PDT 2008

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:39:23 -0700
Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:

> I spent the past several days trying to insure that everythinge kde4
> was properly set to run upon reboot.  But upon rebooting just now, I
> find myself back in kde3.  i Yanked the startup from /etc/ttys, so
> *must* have hit the old kdm[3] from root.
>
> No problem with version3--at least things Work there.  What I'm
> wondering is: if with some future release, say, 7.2 or 7.3, will our
> KDE default to version 4?

Do you mean it defaults to the old version of kdm? They're in different
locations, you have to set one of following

ttyv8   "/usr/local/kde4/bin/kdm -nodaemon"     xterm   on  secure

ttyv8   "/usr/local/bin/kdm -nodaemon"  xterm   on  secure

Whichever version you use, kdm defaults to the last desktop or window
manager.