[SOLVED] Xircom 10/100 cardbus w/ 7-RELEASE

Steven Susbauer stupendoussteve at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 16:27:00 PDT 2008

Steven Susbauer wrote:
>I have read a few places of people having issues with the Xircom cardbus
>networking adapter with -CURRENT and, I guess, with release 7. My card
>is an IBM EtherFast 10/100.
>
>This card works fine in 6.3. In 7 I get "dc0: No station address in
>CIS!" - same driver
>
>This problem appears to be mentioned in
>http://unix.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/FreeBSD/current/2006-10/msg00226.html
>

>Any ideas on how to fix this issue? I do not have networking on the
>release cds nor through freebsd-upgrade with the 7-GENERIC kernel. I
>have to roll back the upgrade to get back online.
>
>Thanks

I've since solved this problem with some help, but I'm hoping this will
get up on Google if someone finds my original message.

The fix is in a kernel patch at
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bugs/2007-December/027280.html
- The problem has not been fixed in the -STABLE/-CURRENT sources as of
today. Since the misbehaving file has not been changed in any of them
the patch still works.