brasero

Dánielisz László laszlo_danielisz at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 13:15:05 PDT 2008

Thank you!

I will try it right now.

----- Original Message ----
From: Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr at gmail.com>
To: Dánielisz László <laszlo_danielisz at yahoo.com>
Cc: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 10:08:26 PM
Subject: Re: brasero

Dánielisz László wrote:
> hello!
>
> I just installed Brasero and because a strange reason I can not select any dvd writer drive, I included device          atapicam to my kernel?
>
> Do you have any idea what can I try?
>

> Laci

While I have not used brasero on FreeBSD, I know (from k3b) that you
will need several other settings. It all boils down to giving a normal
user permissions to use the CD/DVD recorder device.   Both brasero and
k3b depend on ports like sysutils/cdrdao, sysutils/cdrtools and
sysutils/dvd+rw-tools.  You can find these settings in the info for k3b:

cd /usr/ports/sysutils/k3b

make showinfo