Installation Hangs

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sun Oct 12 20:19:28 UTC 2008

Yes, you can remove the hard disk, put it in a different machine,
install FreeBSD on it, then move the disk back.

You could always try installing with JUST the USB keyboard or
with a -different- USB keyboard.

I would suspect that if you stick in a Linux Ubuntu install CD
and it also fails to detect keyboard and mouse, that you will
get more traction with your machine hardware manufacturer when
reporting a problem.  Hopefully your system is a new one within
the 30 day return window and you can return it and get a different
one.

One last thing - it might be possible that your machine motherboard
has a port for a standard keyboard, with a header on the motherboard,
and it just isn't brought out the back of the machine.

Please also post the make and model of the motherboard in use so
we know what to avoid here.

Ted