dmesg: Invalid time in clock: check and reset the date

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sat Oct 11 07:56:56 UTC 2008

No, it's not.

There is nothing wrong with running the CMOS clock on wall-clock
time even on a dedicated system.  You can do it any way you please.
Any real server should be synced by NTP in any case since the
internal RTC clock chip in a PC is not reliable or accurate.

Note that if you do run the CMOS clock on UTC that if your BIOS/CMOS
has a fancy auto-adjusting daylight savings time thingie in it, you
should disable that.

Ted