uptime 2 years!

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri Oct 10 08:25:09 UTC 2008

Odhiambo, you hit the nail on the head.  Glad to see you
caught on.

Chad, please google up the definition of "passive-agressive"
behavior and look at yourself in a mirror.  If you don't get
it, reread the definition and look in the mirror again.  And
in the future, please don't engage in it.  You don't want
to become known for this.

As for the rest of you, this is a classic Bikeshed discussion.
I'm amazed that so many people fell for it.  I guess the
collapse of the US financial system has put a crimp on your
spending on new computers and your all bored of your old
hardware.

Chad's post was worth a read.  It wasn't worth a response,
espically escalated to the rediculousness that some have
been.  Did anyone bother to think that any admin with
2 years uptime on a system probably has some decent coin
into the environment (think, UPS power here) and more like
as not knows what they are doing?

Chances that your going to get 2 years of uptime on a system
plugged into a consumer-grade UPS in a private residence are
lower than the chances that Jamie Lynn Spears is going to be
offered the job of spokesperson for the National Abstinence
Education Association.  It has nothing to do with how the
server is configured and everything to do with the environment
the server is in.

Ted