Update System from 6.1 to last 6 Release with NOT generic Kernel...

Agus agus.262 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 15:04:04 UTC 2008

2008/10/9 RW <fbsd06 at mlists.homeunix.com>:
> On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 19:08:42 -0300
> Agus <agus.262 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys...
>>
>> Just wanted to check a few things before crapping my system..hehehe
>>
>> I am planning on updating the system from 6.1 to the last 6.3-RELEASE
>> p5 i think it is....according to the freebsd-update.sh...
>>
>> I am plannin on doing it with this tool...but my main concern is the
>> modified kernel and the ports...
>
> You can't use freebsd-update on a modified kernel.
>
> Ports can be left unchanged unless you change the  major version and go
> to 7.

Ohh....thanks...

But in the middle of freebsd-update it says to update the kernel and
rebuild it.....how should i update the kernel....or when it reboots
and the /usr/src files have changed; i can see the new GENERIC
file....i have to rebuild it from that new modified GENERIC, so that i
custom it, and build the kernel from there?

Thanks mate!
Cheers,
Agustin