USB mouse problems

Aniruddha mailing_list at orange.nl
Mon Oct 6 18:53:28 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 11:00 -0700, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

> > > FreeBSD's existing USB stack is known to be... shall we say, flaky.
> > > It's well-established at this point.  The possibility of it being
> > > related to FreeBSD's USB stack is very likely.

> No -- significantly different.  CURRENT is "super alpha it's probably
> going to break", while 7.1-BETA is simply the upcoming release of 7.1
> which is slated to become -STABLE after a few months.

Ah I see. Unfortunately I think I have found the problem. My Razer
Lachesis doesn't work with FreeBSD. It doesn't matter which USB port I
use. I found  this patch though:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=usb/118670

What does "3-20-2008: Fix merged to RELENG_7" mean? Is this fix
available in the FreeBSD 7 (stable) release I'm running? Thanks in
advance!

--
Regards,

Aniruddha