continuous backup solution for freebsd?

Evren Yurtesen yurtesen at ispro.net.tr
Mon Oct 6 14:36:29 UTC 2008

Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 12:58:30PM +0300, Evren Yurtesen wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a known continuous backup solution similar to r1soft backup for
>> FreeBSD? I googled a lot but couldnt find anything.
>>
>> R1soft says they need help to develop FreeBSD support in their product.
>> Do you know anybody who can help r1soft on this issue?
>>
>> Please see: http://forum.r1soft.com/showpost.php?p=3414&postcount=9
>
> Would the GEOM gate class handle this?  See ggatec(8) and ggated(8).

I am not saying it is impossible. They just need somebody to put them to
right track I guess. I personally cant do that. It would be nice if
somebody who has knowledge in this area contacts r1soft. At the very
least r1soft seems to be willing to communicate on this issue.

Continuous backups as well as bare-metal-restore seem to be a key
feature for many hosters. FreeBSD is loosing users because of this issue.

Thanks,
Evren