Utility to extract iso files without burning

Manolis Kiagias sonic2000gr at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 11:02:51 UTC 2008

Warren Liddell wrote:
> Im looking for a GUI or command line that will allow me to extract information
> within an ISO file... im using FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE KDE4.1.1 AMD64

You can mount an iso and copy files from it.

First create a memory disk device to contain the file system:

mdconfig -a -t vnode -f /path/to/your.iso -u md0

Then mount the file system as you would mount a CD-ROM:

mount -t cd9660 /dev/md0   /mnt

After you finish, first unmount then detach the md0 device:

umount /mnt
mdconfig -d -u md0