Optimal File System config for 2.5TB RAID5

Danny Do ai_quoc at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 04:05:16 UTC 2008

Thanks for the concrete example of the pitfall of hardware RAID Jeremy.

I never had any problem with hardware driver, that's why I never thought of
it. But you are quite right! I should be avoiding hardware RAID whenever
possible. I get much more support and quicker response here than from
hardware vendor.

Ok, I have to pickup gVinum where I left it 4 years ago. Hopefully, the
software is stable now.

Thanks again Jeremy Chadwick, Wojciech Puchar and this wonderful community,

Danny