re changing from vista

Charlie Kester corky1951 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 16 14:51:19 PST 2008

* Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> [2008-11-16 22:41:27 +0100]:

> discussion about gimp and photoshop is OFF TOPIC.

Agreed. I introduced it as an EXAMPLE of one way a new user might
contribute a valuable perspective and therefore why we might want to
recruit him into the FreeBSD community.

I do NOT want to see a discussion of the Gimp versus Photoshop.

I *do* want to see a discussion of the FreeBSD project's goals, as part
of the answer the OP's question about which platform to use instead of
Windows. The more people understand what FreeBSD's design goals are, the
better they'll be able to decide if it also meets their goals.

Wojciech, you seem to be saying that accommodating "Windoze" users is
not and should not be a goal for FreeBSD.  I respect that opinion.  I
just want to know if it's shared by the project leaders.