Looking for gurus willing to help write Freebsd tutorials

Steve Lake steve.lake at raiden.net
Fri May 30 22:55:22 UTC 2008

         Hi everyone.  I was wondering if anybody here might be interested
in writing and donating a few Freebsd tutorials or articles to Raiden's
Realm to help us boost the number of Freebsd related articles on the
site.  A lot of what we have is Linux oriented right now because most of
the people there are Linux oriented.  I'm one of the few who's Freebsd
oriented.  And since my goal is to help people learn both Linux and
Freebsd, I'm looking for people willing to help out by writing long or
short tutorials on doing a variety of simple and complex tasks in Freebsd.

         The site is completely non-profit and is very new user
oriented.  I've even written a number of tutorials over the past couple of
years focusing on several things involving Freebsd, from setting up a
firewall, a workstation, and a file and mail server, to exploring the heart
of Freebsd in order to help draw new users into our world.  But my
knowledge only goes so far, and I've seen that you guys really have a lot
of great knowledge and information to share and if possible, I'd love to
see a few of you share that knowledge through articles and tutorials on my
site.

         My simple goal is to help people, and to promote Freebsd (well,
and Linux too.  hehe) as much as I can to new users.  If anyone's willing
to help, please let me know, or just shoot me something whenever you get
the time.  I'm not trying to beg or anything, but rather I'm trying to
encourage others here to help new users through the web.  Not everyone will
know about this mailing list, or want to sign up to it.  There's a lot of
lurkers out there these days, and if you have a good tutorial or article
posted on a website, it'll improve the chances of them hearing and learning
about Freebsd.

         Thanks for taking the time to read this.  And if you can help out,
I'd appreciate it.  Also, I'm not advertising the site.  Just asking for
some help.  Since open source is about sharing, it only stands to reason
that some sharing can and should be done as well on the web.  :)

Steven Lake
Owner/Technical Writer
Raiden's Realm
www.raiden.net