Unix command-line tools to edit SharePoint site?

Chris Whitehouse cwhiteh at onetel.com
Wed May 28 23:01:29 UTC 2008

Kurt Buff wrote:
> On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh at onetel.com> wrote:
>> Kelly Jones wrote:
>>> I begrudgingly use a Windows SharePoint server at a customer's request.
>>>
>>> I'd like to automate (command-line) updating and creating documents,
>>> lists, etc.
>>>
>>> Is there a Unix tool that does this?
>>>
>>> I know SharePoint has an "API", which basically spoofs the GET/POST
>>> calls that your browser would make(?).
>>>
>>> Has anyone written a Unix command-line tool (or Perl module, etc) that
>>> abstracts this?
>> Is this what you want?
>>
>> http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> Chris
>
> If you want to use some/many/most of the core utils on Windows, you'll
> be much better off with http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net
>
> unxutils seems pretty moribund, and I have not been successful
> downloading the updates from that site for a while.
>
> Kurt

I'll have a look at these, thanks for the suggestion. I have to say
though the unxutils commands that I have used work perfectly well
despite their age, don't require cygwin and don't do silly registry
things on windows. I need this as I'm using them on a work computer
which I am not allowed to install software on :P

Chris