Kernel for Dual Core

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Mon May 26 19:19:41 UTC 2008

Jos Chrispijn wrote:
 > So this would mean that I allready use a dual core tuned system?

By the way, a very simple way to easily find out if you're
running with SMP enabled is to run top(1).  The column
labeled "C" shows the number of the processor on which each
process was executed most recently.  You only get this
column on an SMP system.  If you have two processors (or
cores), that column will contain the values 0 and 1.

And finally, another way is to type "sysctl kern.smp.cpus".
It'll show the number of processors.

Best regards
   Oliver

 > Can the denizens of this group enlighten me about what the
 > advantages of Python are, versus Perl ?
"python" is more likely to pass unharmed through your spelling
checker than "perl".
        -- An unknown poster and Fredrik Lundh