Downloading files from MS Terminal Services server?

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon May 26 10:26:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, 26 May 2008 10:23:45 +0200
Gilles <gilles.ganault at free.fr> wrote:

> This server has some source code that I'd like to download and put
> into Subversion on a FreeBSD server.
>
> Problem is, the only way to connect to that server is through the
> Terminal Services thingie, listening on the standard TCP3389. I don't
> have access to the server, so can install eg. an FTP server.
>
> I was wondering if there were a solution to automate the connection,
> ie. connect/logon to that service, access the drive there to download
> files, and connect out.

AFAIK, file transfer wouldn't happen over tcp/3389 . Why don't you log to the TS server and then push the files out to your other machine ?

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"There are two kinds of stupid people. One kind says,'This is old and therefore good'.
 The other kind says, 'This is new, and therefore better.'"
 John Brunner, 'The Shockwave Rider'.