the problem for compiling customized kernel

Thomas Nyström thn at saeab.se
Mon May 26 08:19:10 UTC 2008

gahn skrev:
> Hi all:
>
> I have weird a problem to compile a customized kernel after I used
> "freebsd-update" untility.
>
> I followed the exact instructions in the "handbook" and for some reasons'
> it stuck with the "GENERIC":
>
> make buildkernel KERNELCONF=laptop
>
> During the compilation, I noticed, instead of using the customized
> file "laptop->/root/kernels/laptop", the compilation uses the file "GENERIC".
>
> Any ideas why is that?

Try using the command:

make buildkernel KERNCONF=laptop

instead, drop the letters 'EL' from the commandline!

/thn

Svensk Aktuell Elektronik AB                     Thomas Nyström
Box 10                                  Phone: +46 73 069 69 30
S-191 21  Sollentuna                        Fax: +46 8 35 92 89
Sweden                                      Email: thn at saeab.se