Unix command-line tools to edit SharePoint site?

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Sat May 24 20:24:35 UTC 2008

I begrudgingly use a Windows SharePoint server at a customer's request.

I'd like to automate (command-line) updating and creating documents,
lists, etc.

Is there a Unix tool that does this?

I know SharePoint has an "API", which basically spoofs the GET/POST
calls that your browser would make(?).

Has anyone written a Unix command-line tool (or Perl module, etc) that
abstracts this?