Large filesystems help/ideas

Matias Surdi matiassurdi at gmail.com
Wed May 21 13:24:35 UTC 2008

As far as I understand from the following sentence taken from the link
you are pointing and the text following it:

"...Many systems don't require an MBR or GPT, and even PCs don't require
it if booting and inter-operating with other OS's is not required. The
next limit that comes in, though, is with the BSD disklabel..."

I understand that I could have up to 8 slices of 2 Tb, with partitions
(disklabel ones) inside each slice with up to 2Tb.

Is that correct?

What do you think about using this scheme and then join all them with
vinum on a software raid-0 array?

Thanks a lot for your time and help.