Server crashing, no explanations

Alan Gilmour alandgilmour at gmail.com
Wed May 21 08:46:59 UTC 2008

I guess it can, but in the past when hardware has failed for me, I
generally got some indicative errors in the logs.

I managed to move a lot of the intensive operations across to another
server and for the moment,its working much better on the other server
which has a newer kernel.

Cheers

Alan

On 21/05/2008, Christian Zachariasen <chrizach at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:34 PM, Wojciech Puchar <
> wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
>
> > Then, if crash dumps are enabled, it could be a HW failure..
> >>

> > no it is not. i have similar problems but not with apache, it is certainly
> > FreeBSD bug that causes it to randomly reboot under certain types of load.
> >
> > i found the way to fix it in my case

> Yeah, because hardware never fails, right Wojciech?

This message, together with any attachments, is for the confidential
and exclusive use of the intended addressee(s). If you receive it in
error, please delete the message. All information contained within
this e-mail is without prejudice. Do not disclose, copy, circulate or
use any information contained herein.