Your suggestions about this Dell configuration?

VeeJay maanjee at gmail.com
Wed May 21 06:49:51 UTC 2008

Hello friends,

My employer is buying this Dell server and I would like to have your opinion
about the configuration.

Requirements are:
2 Websites with 3-4 million hits per month with video ads.

Operating System:
*FreeBSD AMD64    7-STABBLE*

Database:
*PHP+MySQL with Apache*

Server Configuration:
*PowerEdge™ 6850 SCSI*

Dual Core Intel(R) Xeon(R) Processor 7130M, 3.2GHz, 8MB L3 Cache, 800Mhz FSB
1x Additional Dual Core Intel(R) Xeon(R) Processor 7130M, 3.2GHz, 8MB L3 Cache,
800MHz FSB

  16GB 400MHz Dual Rank DDR2 Memory (8X2GB)
 C5 Drives attached to embedded PERC4ei, RAID 10

  PERC 4/DC RAID controller (128MB cache) (1 intern and 1 extern Channel)
(Should I use controller with Both Internal or Both External Channel? What
they do?)

5 x 146GB SCSI Ultra320 (15000rpm) 1'' 80 pin harddrives

Chassis with support for 3.5'' SCSI Hard Drives

Dell Remote Access Card 4 SERVER MANAGEMENT CARD

(I will have hot swappable drives & chassis)

Thank you in advance.
--
Thanks!

BR / vj