Updated php, and apache segfaults on SIGHUP

Norbert Papke fbsd-ml at scrapper.ca
Tue May 20 15:08:45 UTC 2008

On May 19, 2008, Andrew Moran wrote:
> I recently upgraded my php5 ports to latest ports tree versions
> (5.2.6), and now I'm in a situation where any HUP signal sent to
> apache is causing the entire process to dump core.  I get this in the
> apache error log:
>
> [Mon May 19 16:08:48 2008] [notice] SIGHUP received.  Attempting to
> restart
> [Mon May 19 16:08:48 2008] [notice] seg fault or similar nasty error
> detected in the parent process
>
> and this in the messages log:
>
> May 19 16:14:45 celebrian kernel: pid 36900 (httpd), uid 0: exited on
> signal 11 (core dumped)

I ran into a similar problem.  In my case, the problem was caused by PHP5
using the putenv(3) function incorrectly.  Removing
files/patch-ext_standard_basic_functions.c from the port and rebuilding fixed
the issue for me.  I have reported this to the maintainer but have not raised
a PR.

For more information, see

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=875448+0+archive/2008/freebsd-stable/20080518.freebsd-stable

Cheers.