Problem Sending Mail With Postfix

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue May 20 01:07:54 UTC 2008

On May 19, 2008, at 4:17 PM, Montag wrote:
> host mx1.free.bsd.org said: my.mywebsite.com: Helo command rejected:
> Host not found (in reply to RCPT TO command))
> freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
>
> Any thoughts?

Many mailservers check that the HELO/EHLO response is a valid
hostname.  You can either configure your machine to use a valid
hostname (consider dyndns.org or similar, if you like), or you can
relay your email to something like your ISP's mailserver using
relayhost parameter or the transport mechanism....

--
-Chuck