VPN setup question

Mister Olli mister.olli at googlemail.com
Sun May 18 20:53:59 UTC 2008

hi...

> 	Hi everyone.  I'm looking for a tutorial on how to setup a VPN server on
> Freebsd.  Since I'm unfamiliar with VPN, a guide that is as simple as
> possible would be preferred.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

first you should consider the following questions:
- what kind of VPN do you wanna use? (SSL or IPSec based)
- what kind of authentication? (user or certificate based)
- what kind of traffic do you wanna protect?
- do you wanna transport data between two host, from host-to-network or
networ-to-network?

regards
olli