Perl not creating symlink when installed from package

FreeBSD freebsd at optiksecurite.com
Thu May 15 15:07:05 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with perl-5.8.8_1. When I install it from the ports
(via make install clean or make package-recursive clean), it creates
symlinks from /usr/local/bin/perl to /usr/bin/perl:

[...]
Removing stale symlinks from /usr/bin...
     Skipping /usr/bin/perl
     Skipping /usr/bin/perl5
Done.
Creating various symlinks in /usr/bin...
     Symlinking /usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8 to /usr/bin/perl
     Symlinking /usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8 to /usr/bin/perl5
Done.
[...]

But, when I install the package created with 'make package-recursive
clean', it didn't create those symlinks. So, the dependencies that rely
on perl and expect to find it in /usr/bin/perl can't find it and the
installation fails.

Did someone have any information on this issue?

Thanks for the support,

Martin