Converting AVI and MPEG Into Still Images

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Tue May 13 19:12:13 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 06:31:53PM +0000, D Hill wrote:

> Is there anything in the ports tree I can use to convert AVI and/or MPEG
> videos into individual frames as jpg or a different still graphic format?

MPlayer should be able to do that.  By the way, AVI is a container
format, not a codec, and most AVIs use MPEG (in my experience) for video
codec.

Ben Franklin: "As we enjoy great Advantages from the Inventions of others
we should be glad of an Opportunity to serve others by any Invention of
ours, and this we should do freely and generously."