Which FTPs are most used by ports?

Sahil Tandon sahil at tandon.net
Tue May 13 03:34:06 UTC 2008

* Francisco Reyes <lists at stringsutils.com> [05-12-2008]:

> I am about to install FreeBSD at a new job. They block ftp, along with
> most other ports.
>
> I may be able to get a whole open for the freebsd server to be able to
> ftp from some specific machines. Any suggestions what machines I should
> add to the list?

You mean FTP *to* (and not "from") specific machines, right?  And what
about HTTP?  If you look in just a few Makefiles, you'll notice that
MASTER_SITES vary with each port (CPAN, SF and a few others might appear
often), so unless you know exactly which ports you will install, this will
be tough.  For example, see output of:

   % find /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/ -name Makefile | xargs egrep MASTER_SITE

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil at tandon.net>