Panic String: kmem_malloc(4096): kmem_map too small: 335544320 total allocated

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Mon May 12 20:49:30 UTC 2008

On Monday 12 May 2008 15:16:48 Aminuddin Abdullah wrote:

> I have 5 servers running almost at 70mbit/sec and each one of them will
> crash/reboot after more than 24 hours. The most it can stay up is 48 hours.
>
> How do I increase this memory from the default 320MB?

After some digging it looks like vm.kmem_size* are the loader tunables you're
looking for. See loader(8) for a description.

However, does it make sense to have this much kernel memory? What is it caused
by? mbufs? If you dump netstat -m periodically from cron, is that where the
memory is going?
--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.