arplookup 0.0.0.0 failed: host is not on local network

Christer Solskogen solskogen at carebears.mine.nu
Sun May 11 20:40:04 UTC 2008

Hi!

I have been seeing a lot of warnings in syslog the last week. Do anyone
have a tip for where to begin searching for the sinner?

arplookup 0.0.0.0 failed: host is not on local network
arplookup 0.0.0.0 failed: host is not on local network
arplookup 0.0.0.0 failed: host is not on local network
arplookup 0.0.0.0 failed: host is not on local network

pinging 0.0.0.0 gives me reply from 192.168.0.1 which is my OpenBSD
router. The warnings shows up on my FreeBSD server. Nothing on the
OpenBSD box.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD shine.carebears.lan 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Thu Feb
28 07:58:17 CET 2008
root at shine.carebears.lan:/files2/build/usr/src/sys/SHINE  amd64

--
chs