Xfce with graphical login

Nishita Desai nishita at mri.ernet.in
Sun May 11 07:10:36 UTC 2008

Hello,

I just installed Xfce4.4 on FreeBSD 7.0. I have been trying to get it
to directly give me a graphical login. The Xfce manual says this can
be done using gdm. According to it, I need to copy the example file
"xfce44.desktop" into /usr/X11R6/share/xsessions. The example file is
supposed to be located in /usr/local/share/examples (since Xfce is
installed in /usr/local.) But there is no such file.

1. Is there any other location this file could be? (`locate` cannot find it.)
2. Can I download it from somewhere? Googling did not give anything.
3. Will anyone be kind enough to send me a copy by email?

It is strange why the file's not there. Xfce was installed using
pkg_add (the port was giving some error in compilation which I could
not solve) and is working nicely without any obvious problems.

Thanks,
Nishita.

--
http://nishita.50webs.com/