advice needed regarding OS & Hardware.

Long Story dead_line at hotmail.com
Sat May 10 08:57:30 UTC 2008

Hello Gurus,

    Since few years back and im on FBSD 4.8-R for commercial use.
    Its time to move on.

    I have two Questions, and kindly looking for answers, specialy that hosting company
    contract is (NO support for FreeBSd), So i have to becareful again, just like what I did
    to the 4.8-R

    For a commercial use server
    1) Which version do you recommend, shall I go for 7.0-R ?
        or 6.3-R.

    2) Hosting company hardware is
   * Single Intel E6300 CORE 2 DUO 1.86Ghz /1066MHz FSB /2MB L2 Cache    * 2GB DDR2 RAM    * 2x 250GB/7200 RPM Serial ATA Drives - Hot Swap; RAID1    * 3Ware 8006-2LP SATA RAID Controller    * 2 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports

    Any of the above parts incompatabile with FreeBSD, or it has any bug ?
    do you recommend something else?

    They didnot mention the brand of ethernet ports, from my experince I will go for
     Linksys, any better recomendations ?

   THANKS ALOT.
   Marwan Sultan.