neon port won't upgrade

Lars Kristiansen lars+lister.freebsd at adventuras.no
Thu May 8 22:30:35 UTC 2008

Dan Nelson skrev:
> In the last episode (May 08), Chad Perrin said:

>>> portupgrade -f -o www/neon26 neon
>>>
>>> seemed to work for me
>> Isn't this the sort of information that should be in
>> /usr/ports/UPDATING? In my case, there's nothing in that file that
>> comes up when I search for the string "neon" (without quotes).
>
> Do you update your entire ports tree, or just certain subdirs?  My copy
> of /usr/ports/MOVED ( rev 1.1591 ) has the following:
>
> www/neon|www/neon26|2008-05-05|Moved to be able to integrate www/neon26
>
> which portupgrade should have used to determine the new location of
> the port.

If I understand this correctly from:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/MOVED
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/MOVED.diff?r1=1.1586;r2=1.1587;f=h
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/MOVED.diff?r1=1.1587;r2=1.1588;f=h

The MOVED file was updated perhaps wrongly at first and then corrected.
So we who ran pkgdb -fF in the half a day before the correction would be
thrown off in this case.

Question:
Would an additional line had solved it, like:
www/neon2|www/neon26|2008-05-05|Moved straight to www/neon26
?

Regards,
Lars