Logitech G9 mouse and FreeBSD 7

Rolf G Nielsen listreader at lazlarlyricon.com
Mon May 5 18:42:25 UTC 2008

Nickolay D. Hodyunya wrote:
> Hi everyone.
> I'm using Logitech G9 mouse with my freebsd 7.0 box. The problem is that
> my mouse don't response after I click on additional buttons. The cursor stop
> moving in both system console and xorg session.

I've had the same problem with my G5. When I disabled moused it went away.
Edit /etc/devd.conf and search for ums, then comment out (or delete) the
entire section. Then edit xorg.conf, go to the mouse section and change
the Device to /dev/ums0 and Protocol to auto. Moreover, you may need to
put a line that modifies the button numbers of the mouse (xmodmap -e
does that) in your .xsession or .xinitrc.

(...)

--

Sincerly,

Rolf Nielsen