TERM

Christian Walther cptsalek at gmail.com
Fri May 2 04:50:17 UTC 2008

Hi Alexus,

2008/5/1 alexus <alexus at gmail.com>:
> I use same client for RHEL, and it works fine, is there anything can
>  be done in order to make key work as a key (not on client side) but on
>  server?

probably, yes. I guess that your client sets the TERM variable to
something FreeBSD doesn't understand correctly. The settings in
TERMINFO aren't neccessarily the same on all platforms, let alone the
fact that some aren't available at all. There's for example "linux"
which I've seen to be the default in some terminals but doesn't work
on non Linux-systems of course.
"xterm" seems to be available everywhere, but doesn't contain the same
binding on all platforms. Solaris for example lacks color support on
some other bindings I've forgotten.
"vt100" should be fine everywhere (but might miss a few features).
You can try several TERM settings in one session by assigning the
proper value to this variable, respectively.

If you found one that suits your needs you can save this setting on
the client side, because its the client that sends the Terminfo to be
used to the server.

HTH
Christian