Recovering mysql data - mysqlbinlog

John Vaughan jjvaughan at gmail.com
Thu May 1 18:32:50 UTC 2008

Can someone direct me to where the MySQL transaction logs are stored?
I am running FreeBSD 6.1 with MySql 5.0.41 which I installed from
ports, no extra config.  From what I've read online, unless you
disable them (which I couldn't find in the makefile) the logs should
be being created.  Doing a find / --name "bin." Didn't turn up
anything.

I'll also note that it is not in var/db/mysql with the rest of the
mysql data files and the ib_logfiles which would have been useful, but
the data I am trying to recover is from a MyISAM.

Thanks for the help!

-John