Recovering mysql data - mysqlbinlog

John vaughajj at jmu.edu
Thu May 1 17:55:50 UTC 2008

Can someone direct me to where the MySQL transaction logs are stored?  I am
running FreeBSD 6.1 with MySql 5.0.41 which I installed from ports, no extra
config.  From what I've read online, unless you disable them (which I
couldn't find in the makefile) the logs should be being created.  Doing a
find / --name "bin." Didn't turn up anything.

I'll also note that it is not in var/db/mysql with the rest of the mysql
data files and the ib_logfiles which would have been useful, but the data I
am trying to recover is from a MyISAM.

Thanks for the help!

-John