Wake-on-LAN and the em driver (freebsd 7.x)

Kent Hauser kent at khauser.net
Mon Mar 31 16:49:12 PDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Jerry McAllister <jerrymc at msu.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 02:09:22PM -0800, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

You comments got me to thinking, I have tossed all my old PC/AT, W98, etc
systems a while back (along with my old Foghat 8-tracks -- yes I cruised to
Fool for the City on 8-track),  but I still had a W98SE boot CD -- and
amazingly enough it worked. And it recognized my flash drive as B: no
problem. So step 1 complete.

Now I seem to have run up against a FreeBSD 7.x ACPI bug. Now that WOL is
turned on, if I "halt -p", I get the HUB LED to come back on -- but I can't
wake the machine. However, if I pull the power on the box & plug it back in,
I can WOL the machine fine.  Everything is fine when booted in XP.

Any thoughts on this one?